Where do you start with Abu Bakr Siddiq? This is exactly what I was thinking when I wanted to write about his beautiful sayings and especially the wise words that he has said.
This post will look at the Quotes by Abu Bakr. Abu Bakr Siddiq was a fine Muslim, one who was guaranteed Jannah by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself but before we look at the quotes of Abu Bakr lets take a brief look at his exemplary character so that we can try to emulate him and find out what made him such an inspirational star!
The Prophet (pbuh) gave him the title as-Siddiq (the verifier of truth) after the Prophet Muhammad came back from his night journey (al-Isra wal Miraj). Abu Bakr was given the title as-Siddiq (sometimes spelt Siddique) because the people of Makkah didn’t believe that the Prophet could travel to and from Palestine (al-Quds) in one night let alone travel to heaven. Abu Bakr Siddiq confirmed in the affirmative without question.
Such was the strength and conviction in his belief in Allah and his Messenger.
Abu Bakr was also known by other titles, I’ll be writing a post on the distinctions of Abu Bakr Siddiq in the coming weeks so we can take a look at those then. For now lets take a look at some Islamic Quotes so that we can try to learn a little about the sort of values the companions (Sahabas) of the Prophet (saw) held.
By reading the sayings and quotes of Abu Bakr we want to be able to understand the mentality he had and where his priorities lay. We live in a time where we as Muslims are unfortunately unclear about our purpose in life or we sometimes lack seriousness.
We cant seem to connect Islam with society! It is almost as if Islam is a personal thing in a secular kind of way. The quotes by Abu Bakr below will show you how much these companions where concerned about the society and their willingness to please their Creator all linked together.
What do you think? Is Islam secular? Should Islam have a say in the affairs of the Muslims? Let me know your thoughts below.
Islamic Quotes Abu Bakr
- “Good actions are a guard against the blows of adversity.”
- “Be good to others, that will protect you against evil.”
- “Have an earnestness for death, and you will have life.”
Islamic Quotes about Knowledge
- “The more knowledge you have, the greater will be your fear of Allah.”
- “Without knowledge, action is useless and knowledge without action is futile.”
- “Knowledge is the life of the mind.”
- “When a noble man learns knowledge he becomes humble; when an ignoble person gains knowledge he gets conceited.”
- “When knowledge is limited, it leads to folly; when knowledge exceeds a certain limit, it leads to exploitation.”
Quotes by Abu Bakr on Advice
- “When you seek advice, do not withhold any facts from the person whose advice you seek.”
- “When you advise any person you should be guided by the fear of Allah.”
- “If anybody seeks your advice, offer right and sincere advice.”
- “He who is not impressed by sound advice lacks faith.”
- “He who aspires paradise should learn to deal with the people with kindness.”
- “He who fears to weep should learn to be kind to those who weep.”
Islamic Quotes about Character
- “If you want to control other people, first control yourself.”
- “Patience is half faith and confidence is full faith.”
- “Solitude is better than a society of evil people.”
- “The greatest truth is honesty, and the greatest falsehood is dishonesty.”
- “Do not look down upon any Muslims, for even the most inferior believer is great in the eyes of Allah.”
- “Allah bless him who helps his brother.”
- “Co-operate with one another and do not have grudge of jealousy.”
- “Muslims should live like brothers.”
- “Allah helps those who fear Him.”
- “Allah will help him who moves in the way of Allah.”
- “To fight against yourself is greater Jihad.”
That concludes this set of quotes by the great Abu Bakr, I hope we can learn from these and be better muslims and ambassadors of Islam.
Included with this post is a poster with Islamic Quotes as an added bonus so that you can read it when you want to.