All the new muslim footballers in the Barclays Premier league, this is the updated post since September 2014. Because we have a transfer window in January, it is expected a few players will leave and join new clubs and others will arrive. Some of whom will be muslim football players too.
You’ll see that some player names have been crossed out, that means they are no longer in that team.
The new Premier league season has just started, there have been a lot of player ins and outs from many teams. And Muslim players are no exception to that. We’ll take a look at the new muslim football players that have arrived to this Barclay’s premier league, and as usual I’ll list all the existing ones i.e. those that haven’t left their clubs.
One Muslim player to note was Saphir Taider of Internazionale (Inter Milan) who arrived on loan to Southampton in August 2014; his contract was later terminated and he returned to his parent club. Saphir is French-born Algerian who plays for the Algerian national team.
Since the 2012-13 season we’ve had a post on all the muslims that play in this excellent league which features top teams such as Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United among others. It is never certain who will win the league or even who will come in the top four because of the quality of all the teams in the league. It is certainly exciting to see muslim football players such as Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko etc, play in league winning teams.
Let’s have a look at all the Muslim Players in the Premier League, the transfer window closed just a few days ago so we’re not expecting any new comers until January 2015, so it’s safe to say that these guys will be playing here at least until January 2015.
Muslim Players in the Premier League 2014-2015
Fulham F.C who had a few Muslim players in their squad have been relegated to the Championships so they are longer representing the footballers in the top tier. There have also been some transfer of Muslim players among clubs in the league such as Hatem Ben Arfa and Bacary Sagna have moved to Hull and Manchester City respectively.
- Vassiriki (Abou) Diaby – Midfielder – French
- Mesut Özil – Midfielder – Germany
Yaya Sanogo – Forward – French. Loaned to Crystal Palace F.C, see below.
Aston Villa F.C
- Aly Cissokho – Defender – France
- Philippe Senderos – Defender – Swiss
Muslim Players in Chelsea F.C
Mohamed Salah – Midfielder – Loaned out to Fiorentina since January 2015.
- Kurt Zouma – Defender – French
Crystal Palace F.C
- Marouane Chamakh – Striker – French
- Adlene Gurdiora – Midfied – Algerian
- Yaya Sanogo – Forward – French
- Arouna Kone – Striker – Ivorian
- Muhamed Bešić – Midfield – Bosnian
Hull City F.C
- Ahmed Elmohamady – Midfield – Egypt
Hatem Ben Arfa – Midfielder – French Released, currently a free agent. Expected to sign for Nice.
- Mohamed Diamé – Midfield – Senegalese
Leicester City F.C
- Riyad Mahrez – Midfield – Algerian
- Mamadou Sakho – Defender – France
- Kolo Toure – Defender – Ivory Coast
- Emre Can – Midfield – German
Manchester City F.C
- Bacari Sagna – Defense – French
- Samir Nasri – Midfielder – French
- Yaya Toure – Midfielder – Ivorian
- Edin Dzeko – Striker – Bosnian
Muslim Footballers in Manchester United F.C
- Adnan Januzaj – Midfield – Belgium
- Marouane Fellaini – Midfielder – Belgian
Newcastle United F.C
- Massadio Haidara – Defender – Senegalese
- Ismael Cheik Tioté – Midfielder – Ivory Coast
- Moussa Sissoko – Midfielder – French
- Papiss Cisse – Striker – Senegalese
- Mehdi Abeid – Midfield – Algeria
Queens Park Rangers F.C
- Armand Traore – Defender – French
- Adel Taarabt – Midfielder – Moroccan
Stoke City F.C
- Asmir Begovic – Goal Keeper – Bosnian
Oussama Assaidi – Striker – Moroccan Was on loan from Liverpool F.C. Left to play in Dubai, Al-Ahli Club.
Muslims Players in Tottenham Hotspur F.C
- Younes Kaboul – Defender – French
- Moussa Dembele – Striker – Belgian
Nacer Chadli – Midfield – Belgian
- Nabil Bentaleb – Midfield – Algerian
West Bromwich Albion
- Youssouf Mulumbu – Midfielder – Congolese
- Adil Nabi – Forward – England
West Ham United
- Cheikhou Kouyate – Midfielder – Senegalise
That’s the updated list of Muslim Footballers for this year in the Barclays Premier League.
Which of these players will make your first team?
Also let me know if I have missed any so that I can update the list, I am not sure about Diafra Sakho of West Ham and Sadio Mane of Southampton, so if anyone can confirm then I will add him to the list too.
I’ve included Kurt Zouma above too, though I couldn’t confirm, there were too many signs such as making dua on the pitch.
Latest: Check out Top Goal Scorers and other Stats.