Islamic quotes immediately strike a chord with Muslims as these motivational phrases automatically connect with a Muslim’s belief on their purpose of existence in this world.
Generally speaking quotes can motivate you to do positive things in your life on a daily basis. Learned men study and understand deeper meanings of life and its surroundings, this enables them to make informed decisions and make judgments with enlightened thought and wisdom.
Famous quotes can be found in various literature from all ages, the Companions of the Prophet (saw) had the best intellect and they trained their disposition (nafsiyyah) to be extremely Islamic i.e. adhere to halal and haram in all aspects of their lives very strictly!
There are thousands of quotes of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) in the Sahih Collections as ahadith. His companions also said exceptional quotes so that humans can easily understand and implement them immediately in their lives to be more God conscious (have Taqwa).
Famous or not, Islamic Quotes should have an effect in your lives so that it makes you more Islamic i.e. be more God conscious (have Taqwa). It shouldn’t be something that is taken lightly as they were never meant to be used in a passive way.
I hope these Islamic quotes from Scholars of Islam serve as a reminder and genuine advice so that we are able to take the knowledge and apply it our own lives.
Islamic Quotes about Love of God
- “He who comes to take the love of God can have no taste for the love of the world.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “The word of God is the medicine of the heart.” – Imam Ali (ra)
- “Sit with those who love God, for that enlightens the mind.” – Umar bin al-Khattab (ra)
Islamic Quotes about Greatness
- “Run away from greatness, and greatness will follow you.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “There is greatness in the fear of God, contentment in faith of God, and honour in humility.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “Lead such a life that, when you die, the people may mourn you, and while you are alive they long for your company.” – Imam Ali (ra)
- “As long as you are pure of heart, you speak the truth.” – Umar bin al-Khattab (ra)
Islamic Quotes about Good actions
- “Good actions are a guard againgst the blows of adversity.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “Be good to others, that will protect you against evil.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “If you expect the blessings of God, be good to His people.” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “Forgiveness is the crown of greatness.” – Imam Ali (ra)
Islamic Quotes on Charity
- “Earning a livelihood by following some profession is better than living on charity.” – Umar bin al-Khattab (ra)
- “When you offer any Sadaqah to a beggar, do it with humility and respect, for what you are offering is an offer to Allah (swt).” – Abu Bakr Siddique (ra)
- “One should not feel happy at the acquisition of wealth, nor should be grieved at its loss.” – Uthman Ghani (ra)
Part two to follow….