The transfer window closed just before the first matchday in the Premier League so there have been some changes since the last post of Muslim players. Also there could a further 1 or 2 more changes as the window remains open in the rest of Europe.
3 new teams have been promoted, stick around and see how many Muslim players in the Premier League this year in the 2018-19 season.
Before we start a special mention to Liverpool F.C. who have an amazing line-up of Muslim Footballers in the EPL. OMG! Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Xherdan Shaqiri and Naby Keita just WOW!
We have a World Cup winner in Paul Pogba in Man United! and more see end of this post for more exciting news including a huge mosque construction.
Let’s continue and see the full list of Muslim Footballers this season here in the Premier League season 2018-19.
Full list of Muslim Players in the Premier League (EPL) 2018-19
Take a look at the most comprehensive list of Muslim Footballers in England’s top-tier of Football, the Premier League. There are more than 40 listed below, no one knows the English Premier League’s players better than us!
- Asmir Begovic, Bosnian Goalkeeper.
- Shkodran Mustafi, German Defender.
- Sead Kolasinac, Bosnian defender.
- Mesut Özil, German of Turkish descent, Midfielder.
- Mohamed Elneny, Egyptian midfielder.
- Granit Xhaka, Swiss midfielder.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Beram Kayal, Palestinian Midfielder.
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Iranian Midfielder signed this transfer window.
- N’Golo Kanté, French midfielder.
- Antonio Rudiger, German defender.
Lot’s of Muslim players from Chelsea have moved on either on permanent transfer or loan to other teams.
- Bakary Sako, Malian international he plays in the midfield position.
- Mamadou Sakho, the French defender formerly played for Liverpool.
- Pape Souare is a Senegalise defender.
- Cheikhou Kouyate. Senegalese international midfielder moved from West Ham this transfer window.
- Idrissa Gueye, Senegalese international midfielder.
- Muhamed Bešić. Bosnian international midfielder.
- Oumar Niasse also Senegalese like his team-mate Idrissa. Oumar plays up front as a forward.
- Cenk Tosun, Turkish Forward.
Newly promoted Fulham, owned by Shahid Khan. Here are the Muslim players in their squad.
- Ibrahima Cissé, Belgian midfielder.
- Aboubakar Kamara, French forward.
- Florent Hadergjonaj, Swiss defender.
- Abdelhamid Sabiri, Moroccan midfielder.
- Ramadan Sobhi, Egyptian midfielder moved from Stoke City.
- Adama Diakhaby, French forward recently arrived from AS Monaco.
Leicester City F.C
- Yohan Benalouane, Tunisian international defender.
- Eldin Jakupovic, Swiss goalkeeper.
- Çağlar Söyüncü, Turkish defender.
- Rachid Ghezzal, Algerian midfielder signed in this transfer window from AS Monaco
- Hamza Choudhury, English midfielder, his mother is Bengali.
- Fousseni Diabaté, Malian midfielder.
- Islam Slimani, Algerian striker. On loan at Fenerbahçe S.K. this season.
It’s out with the old and in with the new for Leicester City. See below for Riyad Mahrez’s transfer to Man City.
- Sadio Mane. Senegalese midfielder.
- Mohamed Salah. The Egyptian midfielder who had a record-breaking season.
- Naby Keita, Guinean midfielder signed from RB Leipzig.
- Xherdan Shaqiri, plays as a forward who signed from Stoke City.
Muslim Players of Manchester City F.C
- Riyad Mahrez, Algerian midfielder moved from Leicester City.
- İlkay Gündoğan, German midfielder.
- Benjamin Mendy, French international defender.
- Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin (Tosin) Adarabioyo, is on a season long loan to West Brom.
- Paul Pogba, French World Cup winning midfielder.
- Marouane Fellaini, Belgian international midfielder.
- Achraf Lazaar, Moroccan international defender.
- Mohamed Diamé, Senegalese midfielder who moved from Hull City.
- Mohamed Elyounoussi. Norwegian midfielder transferred in from F.C. Basel.
- Moussa Sissoko, French international midfielder.
- Moussa Dembélé, Belgian midfielder.
- Serge Aurier, Ivory Coast midfielder.
Since Spurs didn’t buy anyone in the transfer market their squad of Muslim players remains the same as last season.
- Younes Kaboul. French defender.
- Abdoulaye Doucouré, 24. French midfielder.
West Ham United
- Issa Diop signed from Toulouse he is a French midfielder or Senegalese descent.
- Adama Traoré, the record signing for Wolves is a Spanish forward of Malian descent.
18 teams out of 20 have at least 1 Muslim footballer in their squad only Burnley and Cardiff are the only team without one in their first team. In total there 51 players listed above that play in the first team of the World’s most fascinating league! Will Mohamed Salah outshine the rest again?
Did you know?
In the World Cup final there were Muslim players from the Premier League?
Benjamin Mendy, Paul Pogba and N’Golo Kanté have helped their team win the World Cup.
A special mention to Ousmane Dembele who also won the World cup, he donated all his winning for the construction of a Masjid in his mother’s hometown of Diaguily, in the Mauritania region. Read more here.
Whichever team you support I know that some of the players listed above will rise above everyone and do us all proud! My favourite players are Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Mohamed Salah, N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba.
Which team do you support and who is your favourite muslim player?