Ramadan is now well under way, here in the U.K we are fasting for up to 16 hours because of the summer time and its increased number of hours in the daytime. The weather as I write is 28° C it is very hot and humid but everyone I’ve spoken to has said that they aren’t feeling a thing and neither am I. 🙂
Every Muslim is trying to maximise their rewards by doing good deeds such as reading the Quran, enjoining good and forbidding evil, helping people in many ways as well as doing so many other things which is too much to list here.
Of course there are many other things people are doing to increase their rewards in this Month. One of the things I like is that my friends are forwarding text messages/emails with nice Islamic reminders and/or practical tips to increase the remembrance (dhikr) of Allah (swt).
Kids and adults will love these messages as they are simple and easy to read and memorize. We will do well to act upon these because Islam is a religion for thinkers! You’ll find many verses and ahadith emphasizing the importance of thought.
Not all the messages that are sent contain any reference to the source though they are really nice in meaning, however I cannot list those because of the lack of source. It is important to know if a hadith is true or not as it can be very dangerous to spread ahadith without knowing its origin.
Because of the above reason what I have done is taken 30 reminders from an app on the Google play store called Ramadan Reminders which features 30 very nice verses from the Quran, Hadith and other sayings from muslim scholars and it is ad free.
It is not available on the IOS so I’ll list the Ramadan reminders which is the contents of the app below so that you can copy and paste the messages and send it to your contact list via email or text.
Before you read these be sure to check out other islamic quotes.
Messages for Ramadan
- Pray more often. For every prostration that you perform Allah will raise your position by one degree. Hadith Muslim
- You are nothing but a collection of days, once those days have passed so will you. Hasan al Basri
- Wasting time is worse than death because death separates you from this world whereas time separates you from Allah. Ibn al Qayyim
- Two armies that can never be defeated are the sincere heart and the righteous dua. Ibn Taymiyyah
- If the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of dua. Ibn al Qayyim
- The breath of the mouth of the one who fasts us better in Allah’s estimation than the smell of perfume. Hadith Ibn Majah
- All of a human beings words count against him and not for him, except commanding the right and forbidding the wrong, and with the mention of Allah. Hadith Tirmidhi
- Every Deen has an innate character. The character of Islam is modesty. Hadith Abu Dawood
- Take advantage of five before five: your youth, before old age, your health, before sickness; your wealth, before poverty; your free time before becoming busy; and your life, before your death. Hadith Ahmed
- And if you could count the graces of Allah, never could you be able to count them. Quran [14:34]
- Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear. Quran [2:286]
- Allah will not give mercy to anyone except those who give mercy to others. Hadith Tirmidhi
- When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less. Hadith Muslim
- A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to his will in adversity. Hadith Muslim
- No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother what he desires for himself. Hadith Bukhari
- Live in this world as if you will live here forever; prepare for the hereafter as if you will die tomorrow. Hadith Bukhari
- Say, Indeed, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord if the Universe. Quran [6:162]
- So which of the favours of your Lord would you deny. Quran [55:13]
- Remember Me (Allah) , and I will remember you. Quran [2:152]
- The best richness is the richness of the soul. Hadith Bukhari
- There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah. Hadith Bukhari
- There are two blessings which many people lose: health and free time for doing good. Hadith Bukhari
- Successful indeed are the believers. Those who humble themselves in their prayers… Quran [23:1-2]
- Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves. Quran [13:11]
- So verily, with hardship, there is ease. Quran [94:5]
- Every soul shall taste death. Quran [3:185]
- Beware of hoping for forgiveness without working for it. Hasan al Basri
- And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims.” Quran [41:33]
- …fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy when he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. Hadith Qudsi
- Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink. Hadith Bukhari
Indeed wonderful quotes. I love to read Qur’an and the lovely sayings it includes. These are some of the best Ramadan quotes I have ever read. You can read more such posts on my blog at Ramadan 2014 Quotes
Jazak Allah khair for these Ramadan quotes. I have posted them on my group daily during Ramadan, people have found them inspirational, especially the reference included. May Allah bless you and your family.